Migrating Debian 9 CT from proxmox 5.2 to 6.2

dominikp

Aug 28, 2018
I have debian 9 container with nextcloud and LAMP stack. Also the data (nextcloud files and mysql databases folder) is mounted from the host (proxmox).

I would like to move this CT from my old server to new one. How to do it the safest (most reliable) way? This CT contains most important data for me so i dont want to take any risks.

PS. In the long run probably i will try to re-create this CT as VM to avoid such problems in the future.

Yea but this is CT. My main concern is that kernel and some other system things which hosts shares with containers will change when i will restore it on new machine.
Maybe im too carefull but i just want to be prepared for unexpected things as much as possible.

the shares - mounting things need just configuration if (IP, MAC address, passwords) changed, However you will keep the old LXC Container in your old host to make sure that everything goes ok

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!