Migrated VMware W Server 2016 issues with Ballooning Memory

dnoriega

Aug 8, 2024
Greetings everyone. I know this topic has been discussed a couple of times, however none of the solutions provided has worked with my configuration.

The machine was originally imported from EXSi and it currently is 100% operative. My only issue is that the proxmox monitor is unable to read memory usage of this VM, see below.

1725477105632.png

1725477044764.png

Checklist DONE:
- Virtio Drivers installed and running latest version.
- Qemu Guest Agent installed, up and running. Can see the guest IP address from the Proxmox web console.
- Balloon configuration enabled on Proxmox interface for Guest Memory.
- Balloon service running.
- Ballon device showing in the USB passthrough devices.
- VMware tools uninstalled, no trace of any VMware product.

What I need help with:
- Basically what can I look at to debug/troubleshoot. What logs should I be looking at.
- There are two drivers that for some reason are not correctly installed, however, I have another WServer2016 with same drivers issue, but ballooning is working as it's supposed. Configuration are identical, the only thing I can think of these machines being different, one was a fresh install, the other was a VMware import.

Drivers missing:
- VEN 1AF4 & DEV 1057
- ACPI0010\2&DABA3FF&1

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!