Migrate existing Local VM to ISCSI LVM

Mrdude

Apr 13, 2010
USA
So this is probably a really dumb question....Right now i have all my VMs on my local drives (In Raw Format) I have recently purchased an ISCSI box and would like to migrate all my VMs to the box. The ISCSI is already setup and working, i would just like to find out the best and quickest way to migrate over Thanks!!

Last edited:
Right now i have all my VMs on my local drives (In Raw Format) I have recently purchased an ISCSI box and would like to migrate all my VMs to the box. The ISCSI is already setup and working, i would just like to find out the best and quickest way to migrate over Thanks!!

super easy with pve
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Migration

just setup a lvm/iscsi storage, then select the (running) disk and move it to the storage. no downtime.

Marco

WOW!!!

Thanks for that link, I knew it had to be easyish... Just didn't think it would be that easy and no downtime.

Thanks a bunch!!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!