Migrate data from one datastore to another on the same PBS server

David Thistlethwaite

May 14, 2019
I would like to know if anyone has successfully migrate data from one datastore to another.
Specifically I want to migrate multiple datastores in to a single datastore to get better dedup savings.

Thanks in advance for any experiences you wish to share

hi,

while there is no direct 'move/copy to datastore' directly, you can use e.g. 'localhost' as a remote and do a pull sync into the target datastore

hi,

while there is no direct 'move/copy to datastore' directly, you can use e.g. 'localhost' as a remote and do a pull sync into the target datastore
I have setup some local test datastore's and all seems to be working well, with a minor error reported, the error is:

2023-03-21T13:13:46-06:00: download "/bup/fs2/ns/astrophotography-3/host/pve-pbs-n1/2023-03-21T17:49:43Z/client.log.blob"
2023-03-21T13:13:46-06:00: GET /download: 404 Not Found: open file "/bup/fs2/ns/astrophotography-3/host/pve-pbs-n1/2023-03-21T17:49:43Z/client.log.blob" failed - not found
2023-03-21T13:13:46-06:00: TASK ERROR: connection error: not connected

Any ideas why this might be happening or if I should be concerned ?

Thanks again

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!