Migrate accross storages

kwolf72

Aug 23, 2012
I looked around a little bit and I found a few old things related to migrating across storages, however it'd sure be nice to be able to do offline migrations from one node to a different storage name on another nodes.

Doesn't seem like that would be too difficult.

I looked around a little bit and I found a few old things related to migrating across storages, however it'd sure be nice to be able to do offline migrations from one node to a different storage name on another nodes.

Doesn't seem like that would be too difficult.

This is an old request from the community, however the developers - for some unknown reason - don't seem to understand its importance, and ignore or downplay it every time it surfaces.

I agree with you that it would be very useful to specify destination storage as well as destination node when migrating.

Last edited:
Since both host migration and storage migration is implemented it should be fairly simple to combine the two migration models into one gui:
- host migrate followed by storage migrate
or
- storage migrate followed by host migrate

Again, I find this a convenient feature since it can be done manually in current version of Proxmox.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!