Memory leak on LXC containers

webix

Feb 14, 2015
Hello.
I recently (3 days ago) updated proxmox to the latest version (4.4-15/7599e35a).
And seems, this version isn't limiting the use of SWAP on the LXC containers.

I have this container running for over 4 months without a problem. Since the update of proxmox, i had to reboot the container 2 times.
The container starts using a lot of RAM, and then SWAP, and he doesn't stop when SWAP get full...
What is annoying is that he starts taking SWAP which should be available for other's containers and for the host himself.
Anyone has a clue on why is this happening?

Host OS: Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)GNU/Linux
RAM: 64 Gb
SWAP: 8Gb

Container: Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
RAM: 2Gb
SWAP: 512Mb

Check the attached screenshot.
Note: The container template was the one available on the "Templates" button available inside proxmox.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 12
Are you certain it's just not something running inside the container that's the problem?

Well... Ofc if is something running inside the container...
But the container shouldn't ever allow to use more swap than the one allocated to it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!