Memory issue

Jan 18, 2017
Hello, i have proxmox 4.4-12/e71b7a74 installed.
i have 2 ubuntu VM's on the same server with unifivideo installed.
UnifiVideo works fine, but proxmox shows some strange things.

Into proxmox he gaves 4.8GB from 5 GB ram.
But with webmin and unifi software, he gaves 1.1 used (this look likes better:))

Who could help me to understand this 'problem'? watch the upload file :)

tnx
Bart

Attachments

• memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 7
If there is once some contest for "the most frequently asked question", this one might win it! Honestly, did you ever use "search" function, here or google? OK, forget it. Just point your browser here, read it and check your last picture again!

tnx for your quick reaction. I have red this on different pages. But why gives different application different answers?
but oke :) i will watch into the NVR next time and dont use proxmox for this. :(

Apparently, different applications understand free memory differently. But all apps should clearly distinguish between "free" and "available" memory. Problem is some older versions of "free" command do not show available memory (they show +/-buffers/cache instead). That's confusing...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!