Mellanox ConnectX-4 Priority Flow Control - Proxmox won't allow installation

jw6677

Oct 19, 2019
www.cayk.ca
Hello,

I am trying to enable Priority Flow Control (PFC) on my proxmox cluster with hopes to enable RoCEv2 on ConnectX-3 and ConnectX-4 HCA.

This is a bit "in the weeds", but I am just a hobby user, so please bear with me as I am a little over my head here in some areas.

Nvidia makes it pretty clear that the process to enable PFC on connectx-4 cards is through the use of their `mlnx_qos` tool as seen:
https://community.mellanox.com/s/article/howto-configure-pfc-on-connectx-4

However, installing mlnx_qos required MLNX_OFED, and installing MLNX_OFED Requires:

Code:
hecking SW Requirements...
One or more required packages for installing MLNX_OFED_LINUX are missing.
Attempting to install the following missing packages:
python
Removing old packages...

Error: One or more packages depends on MLNX_OFED_LINUX.
Those packages should be removed before uninstalling MLNX_OFED_LINUX:

pve-qemu-kvm ceph-mgr-ssh libpve-guest-common-perl python3-ceph ceph ibsim-utils librbd1 libiscsi-dev ceph-mon fio librgw2 ceph-immutable-object-cache ceph-base pve-manager libosmvendor5 ceph-mgr libfabric1 python3-cephfs proxmox-ve ceph-common rbd-mirror pve-container libpve-storage-perl libsqlite3-mod-ceph-dev python3-rbd ceph-mgr-dashboard libsqlite3-mod-ceph libopensm9 libumad2sim0 librados2-perl libiscsi7 spiceterm ceph-mds qemu-server libosmcomp5 ceph-mgr-diskprediction-local pve-ha-manager ceph-mgr-cephadm librados2 qperf python3-rados libcephfs2 ceph-fuse ceph-mgr-k8sevents python3-rgw libradosstriper1 ceph-osd ceph-test

To force uninstallation use '--force' flag.

What is the best approach to handle this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!