MDADM RAID10 filestore problems.

BiteMyElbow

Jul 5, 2021
Hello there. Help me please.

I have PVE 7.1-10 installed. Bought 4 8tb HDD Seagate Exos 7E8 ST8000NM000A to make RAID10, attach it to PVE and make RAW disks on it to attach to VMs.

What i did:
1. Made GPT on each disk size -10Gb of the size if disk as it is recommended here: https://recoverhdd.com/blog/creatin...078a82a68a864092787364f3542342b8#comment-1777
2. Formatted each partition with ext4
3. Made RAID10 from 4 partitions with mdadm
4. Formatted md0 with ext4.
5. Mount md0 to local folder and connected it to PVE.
6. Created RAW disk on it and connected it to Windows Server 2019 VM.

And now i have productivity problems with RAW disk:

Here i copy all the data from F: (which is old motherboard RAID10) to D: (which is new mdadm RAID10) and copy speed is not linear. On mdadm RAID10 there are "splashes" of wrighting speed.

What did i wrong? Could anyone me why there is such a problem and how can i fix it?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!