[SOLVED] Matcher not working

GattoDispettoso

Renowned Member
Sep 19, 2013
Hi, just installed 8.1.4 and configured targets and matchers.
The default-matchers works fine and email are sent when the backups ends
1706605866755.png
1706605880927.png
Then i have added a new matcher with the same target but with this only rule:
1706605931516.png

email is not sent ( note i have enabled all type of notifications).
Only the default-matcher email is sent correctly.
What's wrong?

Thank you for answers.
Fabrizio

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing your /etc/pve/notifications.cfg and /etc/pve/jobs.cfg ?
Does the "Fabrizio" target work when pressing the "Test" button?

The target works properly. Now i have made a test: disabled the default-matcher the report was:

1706607835298.png

when with the two matchers enabled:
1706607976878.png

seems that one matcher exclude the other one. This behaviour must be investigated: what happens if the first don't allow notifications of errors and the second, has the error notify enabled? does the first notification event triggered exclude the subsequent others?

seems that one matcher exclude the other one. This behaviour must be investigated: what happens if the first don't allow notifications of errors and the second, has the error notify enabled? does the first notification event triggered exclude the subsequent others?

Matchers are independent of each other. We check which matchers match a notification, and for those which match, we assemble a set of targets which we then notify. If a matcher is disabled, it will not be checked when checking for matches. If a target is disabled, it not notified, even if a matcher matches.

Would you mind sharing your /etc/pve/notifications.cfg and /etc/pve/jobs.cfg? Then it's a bit easier for me to understand and recreate your problem. Thanks!

Thanks for the file contents.
As mentioned before, the matchers do no influence each other. However, if you have multiple matchers that notify the same target, the target will only be notified once.

For instance:
  • matcher-a notifies target-a, target-b
  • matcher-b notifies target-b, target-c
If a notification matches both matchers, then target-a, target-b and target-c will be notified (target-b only once)

Thanks for reply Lukas, i suspected a similar behaviour in a precedent post..Now you have perfectly described the mechanism.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!