Mass storage migration?

mcparlandj

Mar 1, 2017
From time to time we need to reboot or work on one of our one of NFS storage nodes. I know we can live storage migrate each VM one at a time. But is there a way to see all the VM disks on one storage node and mass migrate them to other storage instead of doing it one at a time?

You can do this with VMWare, and you can live migrate all the VMs on a node to another node. But it doesn’t look like you can mass migrate the VMdisks to another storage device.

Circling back around to this and trying to see if proxmox is able to replace vmware for us again. I've installed version 5.1 of proxmox and am trying to figure out the mass storage migration situation again. For some reason this doesn't work for me:

root@Jamielab2:~# pvesh create /nodes/Jamielab2-qemu/102/monitor -command 'info block'
no 'create' handler for 'nodes/Jamielab2-qemu/102/monitor'

Not sure if things have changed or if i'm doing something wrong.

Thoughts?

There path 'nodes/Jamielab2-qemu/102/monitor' looks wrong to me - maybe you meant 'nodes/Jamielab2/qemu/102/monitor'?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!