Mass Migration (multi-select)?

bferrell

Nov 16, 2018
I see on the roadmap that improvements are planned for larger installations, and was curious if this was (or could be) included in the coming updates?

I find that if I'm going to take a host down for maintenance I sometimes want to move several guest VMs at the same time, and would like to be able to select multiple VMs at one time for migration. I don't think this is currently possible.

Even if this were only available for offline guests it would be help, I have several that run intermittently only, and I don't want them to be "trapped" on a server that is going offline - particularly if we changing hardware and it may be down for an extended period, and since the migration of an offline system is nearly instantaneous, selecting all of them and picking a target host takes longer than the actual migraitons.

Hi,

select the node where you want to migrate from and then on the top right Bulk Actions -> Bulk Migrate.

Greetz

Reactions: Chris

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!