Mass memory

adam23450

Jan 15, 2022
Hi, I have a question regarding storage. I have radiographs that are stored on 1 disk array, which will run out of space. I have to scale the mass memory to add another matrix and thus extend the place for the existing one. Linux is installed to operate the radiological program and the photos are actually stored on it. The problem is that a program that handles radiology cannot use several resources at the same time, it must have one unique resource on which to store the data. How can I scale this memory? Ceph, Gluster?
In the future, I will need to add more disk arrays to it, it will also induce me to recycle the space.

You can also extend a raidz1/2/3 pool since last year. And adding new mirros to a striped mirror works too. Just keep in mind that extending a raidz1/2/3 will just increase its capacity but parity overhead and performance won't get better when adding more disks. If you can affort adding multiple disks at the same time it maybe would make more sense to stripe multiple raidz1/2/3s together so you can benefit from additional performance and a resilver won't take that long.
Lets say you got a raidz2 of 8 disks. Then you could buy another 8 disks, add them to your existing pool as another 8 disk raidz2. That way you can double the performance and capacity.

Last edited:
You can also extend a raidz1/2/3 pool since last year. And adding new mirros to a striped mirror works too. Just keep in mind that extending a raidz1/2/3 will just increase its capacity but parity overhead and performance won't get better when adding more disks. If you can affort adding multiple disks at the same time it maybe would make more sense to stripe multiple raidz1/2/3s together so you can benefit from additional performance and a resilver won't take that long.
Lets say you got a raidz2 of 8 disks. Then you could buy another 8 disks, add them to your existing pool as another 8 disk raidz2. That way you can double the performance and capacity.
This is attached to a disk array, there is no ZFS scaling. It is linked to ISCSI with proxmox.
Currently, the disk array has 20TB and I have to add another with a capacity of 40TB and it must give me a total capacity of 60TB for one virtual disk, which will have a system with radiology images.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!