Mass deployment of Proxmox machines?

twinsen

Feb 3, 2018
Midrand
Hi,

Is there any way to deploy Proxmox on number of machines, configured just to start from PXE?
Or, maybe it could be good to add some environment/GUI tabs for simple cloning via PXE?
Let's assume, that I have all machines with 4 NIC cards. I would use 1st NIC for management, 2nd for internet access, 3rd for corosync traffic, and 4th for ceph internal traffic. And I want to choose a name for new machine, give needed IP addresses and clone it remotely. Perfectly, joining to Proxmox cluster would be good as well :)
So, anyone managed to deal with such idea? Configuring all things manually takes ages.

Yes, a repeatable setup is gold. A combination of ansible + preseeded debian over tftp should work. You can install PVE on top of a debian installation and that can be automated with Ansible then.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!