[SOLVED] Mapped Devices Live Migration

jsterr

Renowned Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hey Folks, currently testing the mapped devices feature. Thought this could be used for live migrating vms that have a local ressource.
Its seems it is designed for offline migration only or am I missing something?

Edit: very useful for HA though ! :) THANKS!
Edit: found the docs, Ill leave this thread for others: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-qm.html#resource_mapping

1687513889205.png

Last edited:
not yet, but maybe in the future it could be implemented.

I think usb devices could be unplug / migration / replug. (off course, depend of the device, so it should be an option on the mapped ressource).

nvidia mdev vgpu should be possible too (I have done a poc last year, but it's really depend of the nvidia driver version)

Reactions: jsterr
not yet, but maybe in the future it could be implemented.

I think usb devices could be unplug / migration / replug. (off course, depend of the device, so it should be an option on the mapped ressource).

nvidia mdev vgpu should be possible too (I have done a poc last year, but it's really depend of the nvidia driver version)
nice, where can I find that?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!