manually execute backup jobs

diceair

Mar 18, 2013
Hi there

I use a module that is doing differential backups. I must run it as a schedule backup job in order for it to work. Now last night it failed for some reason. and I need to rerun the event. Can I execute a command to manually start the backup job without going to backup now cause that won't give me what I want right now.

Thanks

got it started but keeps on giving me unexpected error. Still my backup is sort of busy using the network and but not doing anything. How do I force the cancel of a backup job.

Looks like you run a modified backup software (not from Proxmox), therefore its not possible to tell whats wrong.

Use Proxmox VE software, then you can get help here. For third party tools, you better ask the vendor/creator.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!