[SOLVED] Management network on LACP

Rizki Rivai

Nov 26, 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia, Indonesia
We tested proxmox cluster of 3 server where management interface is not lacp bonded interface. Everything seems to work. But I read in wiki https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Configuration that lacp not supported for management interface.

Here whats the wiki wrote:
If your switch support the LACP (IEEE 802.3ad) protocol then we recommend using the corresponding bonding mode (802.3ad). Otherwise you should generally use the active-backup mode.
If you intend to run your cluster network on the bonding interfaces, then you have to use active-passive mode on the bonding interfaces, other modes are unsupported.

The following bond configuration can be used as distributed/shared storage network. ...

Anyone can clarify this ?

Hi,

what is the question?
The cluster network is not necessarily the management network.
Corosyc can get a problem with LACP.
The recommendation for the cluster network is a dedicated NEtwork.
A VLAN segment is not a dedicated network.

Hi,

what is the question?
The cluster network is not necessarily the management network.
Corosyc can get a problem with LACP.
The recommendation for the cluster network is a dedicated NEtwork.
A VLAN segment is not a dedicated network.

Sorry my question wasnt clear. On normal proxmox instalation management network is same with management network.

Your answer already clarify this. Now i need to find documentation on how to move cluster network to dedicated network with minimal downtime. Thank you very much.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!