[SOLVED] LXC with /dev/ppp

mokaz

Nov 30, 2021
Hi all,

I would like to know how should I setup the following PVE Host instructions to be automatically fired/ran at PVE Host boot time?
Code:
chown 100000:100000 /dev/ppp
What's the best practice way to achieve this?

Let me know,
Thanks,
m.

Last edited:
Hey,

you can pass the device (/dev/ppp) through to the container("Resources" > "Add" > "Device Passthrough") and set the owner permissions it should have within the container. Is there a reason this is not an option for you?

Reactions: mokaz
Hi Hannes,

Thanks a lot for your time !!! Well TBH firing this from the host worked usually so I haven't really spent time on the question, let me test out this way, it looks clean. I'll let you know, cheers and thanks !

M.

UPDATE: hummm...
Code:
DEBUG    utils - ../src/lxc/utils.c:run_buffer:560 - Script exec /usr/share/lxc/hooks/lxc-pve-autodev-hook 100 lxc autodev produced output: Could not mknod /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/rootfs/dev/ppp: File exists

Last edited:
Hi Hannes, team,

This works all fine -- just needed to edit my LXC and shuffle a few things around and now with the passthrough it's working great !!!

Thanks,
Cheers,
m.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!