LXC Performance issues

bibawa

Jul 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

I got serious performance issues on our proxmox 4.2 nodes, we saw this issue now on several node so this isn't an hardware issue at all..

Proxmox Node with 4 KVM VMs and 3 LXC Containers, from time to time the server load on the proxmox node is rising to the moon and back and the whole proxmoxnode becomes slow and unresponsive...
After stopping the 3LXC containers the load dramatically drops down and the proxmox node becomes stable again.. Already tried adding the barrier flag in my fstab but without success.

I see a lot of 'performance' issues on Proxmox 4.2 when I'm doing some googling reasearch is this a known bug that will be fixed in future release ? In the meantime we're migrating all LXC containers to KVM back..

Before and after stopping LXC :) :

prox.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!