lxc passtrough usb zwave stick

geronimobb

Apr 22, 2017
Hy,
I have trouble with the following usb zwave stick (passtrough to lxc container with domoticz):
10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP2102/CP2109 UART Bridge Controller [CP210x family]

I've searched the forum (and google) and followed what other people did before, and added this to my conf file for the container:
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 189:8 rwm
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/bus/usb/001/009 dev/bus/usb/001/009 none bind,optional,create=file
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 188:0 rwm
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/ttyUSB0 dev/ttyUSB0 none bind,optional,create=file

I've tried also adding the following (the stick appears apparantly as serial device):
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 13:0 rwm
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_CP2102_USB_to_UART_Bridge_Controller_0001-if00-port0 dev/ttyUSB0 none bind,optional,create=file

But nothing (seems to) works. The user who starts the service domoticz has been added to dialout, as written on the domoticz wiki pages.

Any other ideas or clues?
TIA

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!