[SOLVED] LXC overwriting my config changes.

scap

Sep 27, 2014
I have a LXC set up for doing filesharing it mounts a volume from the host using a fstab that is in the config directory and setting the lxc.mount variable in the config to the fstab file. This work well when I manually start the container but if I start through the web interface it overwrites my config and I don't see my volume. Is there special ("non-standard") way to do this with proxmox so that proxmox doesn't overwrite my config.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a LXC set up for doing filesharing it mounts a volume from the host using a fstab that is in the config directory and setting the lxc.mount variable in the config to the fstab file.

You can directly add that setting to the proxmox container config /etc/pve/lxc/<ctid>.conf

see: man pct.conf

I have a LXC set up for doing filesharing it mounts a volume from the host using a fstab that is in the config directory and setting the lxc.mount variable in the config to the fstab file.
I know this is an old thread, but could someone, if not scap, briefly explain how do you "mount a volume from the host using a fstab that is in the config directory"? Which fstab file (a different one than the /etc/fstab?) and which config directory?

I am aware of the mount point feature in LXC, but can't understand what the OP means by "fstab file that is in the config directory".

Note: This thread is quite old (dated before we added the mount point feature)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!