[SOLVED] LXC dormant unless SSH session active

TrailerMan

Jul 3, 2021
Syncthing in LXC container won't stay active unless SSH session remains active.

As long as I remain ssh'd into the container, syncthing devices show the container connected and 'Up to date'. Terminate the ssh session and quickly the statuses change to "Disconnected". Re-establish a ssh connection and they all return to connected and 'Up to date' again.

50/50 it's a syncthing thing, but I don't have to do anything to it to make it work, I just have to log into the LXC container, so I posted here first. The LXC remain pingable throughout, ssh'd or not, but is only live in/via syncthing if a ssh session is active.

Container is privileged and running Debian 21.04 (Linux 5.4.114-1-pve #1 SMP PVE x86_64 GNU/Linux with SyncThing 1.17 running as a normal user
(container is privileged as I am still learning to share data stored on separated bare metal TrueNAS using this instance).

Anyone else experience similar behaviour? Suggestions appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!