LXC containers stopping to work after some minutes

passuff

Aug 15, 2019
Dear Community.
I'm using Proxmox 8.0 with only VMs. Everything was working as expected so far until I tried to install CT today. No matter if I use Debian oder Ubuntu, some minutes after first startup I'm not able to access the CTs anymore. Also after restart I'm not able to connect to them again.
Any idea how I can investigate the root cause?

some minutes after first startup I'm not able to access the CTs anymore.
Startup of the CT(s) or the Proxmox host? Can't you access them with pct enter or just not via the network? The latter might be a duplication IP address or MAC on the network. If you don't start the CTs, can you ping or connect to their IP addresses?
Also after restart I'm not able to connect to them again.
Restart of the CT(s0 or the Proxmox host?

Startup of the CT(s) or the Proxmox host? Can't you access them with pct enter or just not via the network? The latter might be a duplication IP address or MAC on the network. If you don't start the CTs, can you ping or connect to their IP addresses?

Restart of the CT(s0 or the Proxmox host?
Startup of the CT(s). I can't access them via local console. Duplication of IPs should not be the case.

Startup of the CT(s). I can't access them via local console. Duplication of IPs should not be the case.
Can you share some of the CT configuration files? What do you run inside the CT? Do you run Docker inside them, which is known to be problematic? What does the Summary view in Proxmox for the CT look like when the CT becomes inaccessible? Anything interesting in the system logs when the CT becomes inaccessible?

Can you share some of the CT configuration files? What do you run inside the CT? Do you run Docker inside them, which is known to be problematic? What does the Summary view in Proxmox for the CT look like when the CT becomes inaccessible? Anything interesting in the system logs when the CT becomes inaccessible?
I tried to run Debian V12 and V11. Both with the same result. I did not yet manage to install anything before the CTs stopped responding.
The summary view shows very low system utilization. What do you mean with system log? is it task history? If yes, there is no special entry.
How can I export the configuration files? I tried to google it but didn't find anything.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!