LXC Container with 2 network connections

ams123

Jan 19, 2017
I have created a LXC container with Ubuntu 18.04 and added 2 network connections (1 LAN and 1 VLAN) both with the same settings for IPv4 DHCP and IPv6 SLAAC for the purpose of running avahi. At first it works and both connections show with ifconfig with IP addresses assign but communication through the Proxmox console eventually stops working and the container becomes unresponsive, cannot connect through console or ssh and cannot shutdown. Should I be able to have two network connections to a container or should I use a VM for this? If it should be working what can I do to diagnose?

Should I be able to have two network connections to a container or should I use a VM for this? I

Yes, you can have two network connections on a container.

If it should be working what can I do to diagnose?

Try to enter your container with `pct enter CTID` after the problem occurs again (CTID is the ID of your container).
Check your network configuration in & outside the container and make sure everything is correct.

You can check if the network interfaces are still up after the problem occurs and if not, you might be able to figure out something from the error output in syslog.

If you need further help, post your container configuration file here, along with the network settings.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!