LXC container claiming USB devices from VM's (8.1.11)

wlaarhov

Apr 25, 2024
Netherlands
Hello,

I have a pve environment running on 8.1.11, and use a VM to run Homeassistent on. a Zwave as well as a Zigbee key are in "pass through" to the HA VM (did a passthrough of the ports, not the "device" or "id") this works rock-solid and no issues whatsoever.
However, tried to add an LXC container for running Frigate (per best practice) and have followed several instruction video's and writeups to connect the Corel USB TPU to the LXC container.
And that actually works, Corel TPU is seen and works.

HOWEVER: (why else would I be here ;-)) after some time (couple of hours) or if I reboot either the HA-VM or the Frigate Container all goes south. after some hours Frigate does not see the TPU anymore, and locks/freezes. And HA will loose either Zwave, Zigbee or both.

For now I have Frigate also installed on VM (not best practice) and get lower performance from the TPU, but all IS stable so far.

What could be the issue with the LXC container?

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!