LXC.CONF edit - cPanel Error

Hi,
I have to edit the way I gave the above link in order for cpanel to work properly how do I do this lxc.conf file. I'm not talking about the contanier conf file.

in the link you sent, the only configuration on the lxc side that's necessary is to unconfine the apparmor profile.
in proxmox this can be done by editing /etc/pve/lxc/CTID.conf and adding: lxc.apparmor.profile: unconfined (this is the same with lxc.aa_profile, however that option is deprecated and replaced with lxc.apparmor.profile)

My PVE server doesn't have a /etc/pve/lxc/CTID.conf, is this still accurate for PVE 6.2-11?
yes

CTID needs to be replaced with the ID of the container, e.g., for container ID 100, the file to edit would be /etc/pve/lxc/100.conf

Reactions: KatyComputer
My PVE server doesn't have a /etc/pve/lxc/CTID.conf, is this still accurate for PVE 6.2-11?

I am planning on putting cPanel in a container -- unless someone says I should use a VM

i'd actually suggest you to use a VM for cpanel, because with containers you need to tweak it quite a bit before it will work properly. (cpanel requires unrestricted access to the system, so you need to use a privileged container and do some workarounds)

also now that i notice, the change that cpanel people are talking about is not supposed to be done in the /etc/pve/lxc/CTID.conf (because this is a proxmox-specific file anyway)

i suggest you use a VM, or search the forum if you're having problems

I went with a container, so far, so good, as I run into issues, I will update the forum.

My situation, may be a bit different, we use cPanel & Proxmox to support our clients. Access to our systems is restricted to my co-workers, eliminating many issues present when running a public utility.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!