lxc-attach: enter: attach.c: lxc_attach: 1095 Failed to get init pid

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by iLinux85, May 16, 2019.

1. iLinux85

iLinux85 New Member

Hello

I am new to proxmox, i start build my first node with proxmox virtualization on.

I create CT container. when i am trying to enter through the VE host using the following command

Code:
    lxc-attach -n enter 100
    I got error messages saying

Code:
    lxc-attach: enter: attach.c: lxc_attach: 1095 Failed to get init pid
    there is no problem with container functionality i can able to access it through ssh well. or console via proxmox GUI. but i can't access it through ve host ssh

how can i fix this problem?

regards

2. Stoiko Ivanov

Stoiko Ivanov Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

does `pct enter 100` work? (PVE's commandline utility for managing containers)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    iLinux85 likes this.
  3. iLinux85

iLinux85 New Member

omg, it works! thank you so much? but why in the documentation you guys mention this command to enter container here and where I can find the documentation that includes the most proxmox command line interface that I can use to manage the VE host for CT and VM through ssh, not from GUI?

thank you so much again Stoiko :)

4. Stoiko Ivanov

Stoiko Ivanov Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

That article refers to PVE 3.x and 4.x (both EOL for quite a long time) - the reference documentation can be found at:
    https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/
    and in your PVE installation (click on the 'Documentation' button on top of the GUI)

Hope this helps!

EDIT: the wikipage got updated - thanks for the hint!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 Stoiko Ivanov, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice