lxc-attach: enter: attach.c: lxc_attach: 1095 Failed to get init pid

iLinux85

May 20, 2013
Hello

I am new to proxmox, i start build my first node with proxmox virtualization on.

I create CT container. when i am trying to enter through the VE host using the following command

Code:
lxc-attach -n enter 100

I got error messages saying

Code:
lxc-attach: enter: attach.c: lxc_attach: 1095 Failed to get init pid

there is no problem with container functionality i can able to access it through ssh well. or console via proxmox GUI. but i can't access it through ve host ssh

how can i fix this problem?

regards

does `pct enter 100` work? (PVE's commandline utility for managing containers)

Reactions: iLinux85
does `pct enter 100` work? (PVE's commandline utility for managing containers)

omg, it works! thank you so much? but why in the documentation you guys mention this command to enter container here and where I can find the documentation that includes the most proxmox command line interface that I can use to manage the VE host for CT and VM through ssh, not from GUI?

thank you so much again Stoiko :)

That article refers to PVE 3.x and 4.x (both EOL for quite a long time) - the reference documentation can be found at:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/
and in your PVE installation (click on the 'Documentation' button on top of the GUI)

Hope this helps!

EDIT: the wikipage got updated - thanks for the hint!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!