LVMthin not selectable for VM Storage

kpwn

Jun 8, 2021
i created an encrypted disk with LUKS and initialised an LVMthin on it. shows up fine according to the "lvs" command.
In the webgui i can see it when i click on the node under the LVMthin tab. But its not visible on the left and can't be added as storage on the node or datacenter.

Did you add your LVM-thin as a storage to PVE afterwards (Datacenter -> Storage -> Add -> LVM-Thin) so PVE know that its there and how to use it?

Last edited:
i tried but i cannot select the Volume group in the "add" window. Only old VG are selectable...Bild_2022-01-20_155927.png

solved it!
In a multi-node Cluster it IS relevant through which node you connect through the webUI. If you go through the node that holds the disks it works.
It would be great if you didnt have to watch out for that....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!