[SOLVED] LVM-Thin Pool Removal?

BunkerHosted

Aug 10, 2020
After changing my boot device on one of my nodes, from a 400GB SSD, to a 240GB SSD I am looking to free up some data in LVM as I must do this on 4+ other nodes.

While looking through configurations I notice that LVM-Thin is using 154GB of reserved space, using 0 actual space, and 8MB of metadata. We use ceph for storage so I am not 100% sure if this is safe to remove or not, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
While looking through configurations I notice that LVM-Thin is using 154GB of reserved space, using 0 actual space, and 8MB of metadata. We use ceph for storage so I am not 100% sure if this is safe to remove or not, any help would be greatly appreciated!
What is your conclusion on why it should not be safe to remove? Maybe I am missing something here.

What is your conclusion on why it should not be safe to remove? Maybe I am missing something here.
I believe that this is safe to remove, I just am not 100% on why this is allocated as we are using ceph?

Sorry if this is a noob question, I am quite familiar with linux, but still getting accustomed to PVE.

I believe that this is safe to remove, I just am not 100% on why this is allocated as we are using ceph?
The default installation by the Proxmox VE ISO will create a lvm-thin pool. It should be visible in the GUI as local-lvm.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!