LVM not mounted properly - getting maintenance mode after boot

francisjol

Aug 14, 2023
Hi,

First of all, sorry I this question was replied but I tried diferents post and none of them are working for me. I used Proxomox just for some months, well just installation and setup.

I my server I have 2 disk, so past few weeks I wanted to enlarge my wm space. So I setup to access my Synology DS216.

Today cause I can't backup this wm I have to restart server (was first time after expand space). But I am getting always go emergency mode.
IMG_1380.jpg

After edit and comment last line on fstab I can access system

IMG_1376.jpg

But now my WM Windows 10 do not boot, no boot options. In Wm hardware I can say disk local-lvm-vm-110.

I think the problem is before I created a lvm-thin but now cause is not mounting wmdpart now is not seeing the vm disk.

This my LVM-Thin
Captura de pantalla 2023-08-14 a las 14.04.02.png

Any clue. Thanks in advance

Hi there,

did you have any success? I have a similar, if not even the same problem. I don't use THIN-storage though.
I tried many different solutions on trying to solve this OS-sided on my Linux distro. However, nothing seems to work.

When i boot without the fstab-entry, i don't get any errors and can mount the partition manually. Afterwards, the fix first seems permanently and works across "reboots". However, when i use "shutdown" and then manually boot the system again over PVE, i get basically the same timeout as you're getting above.

I tried changing the boot order and letting the LVM-storage get "attached"/searched for boot entries first. This didn't work either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance as well!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!