ltsp to rdesktop into Windows VM (running on Proxmox) with usb pass through

greavette

Renowned Member
Apr 13, 2012
Hello,I'm looking at setting up a thin client terminal that connects to my ltspserver. Once into the ltsp session I'll need rdesktop to connect to myWindows VM. I've heard that I can can connect directly to an RDP sessionfrom LDM (the LTSP login screen). I'll have to review how to do this. Mymain concern though is my connection from the thin client for my keyboard,mouse, usb hand scanner and usb weight balance.Will I be able to pass through these usb devices through rdesktop to mywindows VM? Does it 'just work' or do I need to use special software inltsp to assist?Anyone give advice on how best to set this up?Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!