Lowering the quorum permanently on a cluster?

lyricnz

Nov 8, 2022
Hi. I have a proxmox cluster of two nodes, but one of them is my "dev" server and spends most of it's time powered off. How can I make the "prod" server come up properly (say after a power failure)? Right now I have to login to it via ssh and run "pvecm expected 1" which is a bit of a pain when the machine hosts my router and DHCP server, so access is a pain.

You could run something like a Raspbery Pi as a qdevice acting as a third voter.

Applied the change (to make the "prod" node get 2 votes), and now it boots and starts up fine, with or without the "dev" node.

You can assign more votes to the primary node in the /etc/pve/corosync.conf file and updating the line:

quorum_votes: 1

to

quorum_votes: 2

and then incrementing the number in line:

config_version: 7

to show that theres been a change to the config

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!