[SOLVED] Lost WEB Gui connection Local Issuer Certificate

r0PVEMox

Jun 21, 2020
Can't speak advanced Debian language, but I just installed Proxmox a week ago.

1) I wanted to change the physical port to access Proxmox GUI.
- Could not get it done from the GUI
- I could get it done from /etc/interfaces > just by replacing the interface name
- It worked great at it's new port
- I think I also did a reboot or even more.

2) A thing to keep in mind is (however this happened a couple of times without issues), the server just shut down, because it's power is slaved to the workstation. Off course I do have to change that.

3) I tried to create a VLAN for another physical port. When I ping the Proxmox address, the router blocks it and tells it's that other vlan. And that Vlan is different then the VLAN for Proxmox / WebGui.

The problem:
Yesterday I booted and could not get connection with the WEB GUI. I tried to troubleshoot it, but nothing really changed. (learned some commands)
(The physical port I changed to is showing a hardware error e1000, but it worked yesterday. So I'm not sure if that error already occurred, because I did not use any command to check that out).
Because of that error, I changed the interface config again, back to it's other port (the one I was using first).
The only error I can find after curl -ai https://localhost:8006
Unable to get local issuer certificates

What I've done:

rm /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem
rm /etc/pve/priv/pve-root-ca.key
rm /etc/pve/nodes/<mynode>/pve-ssl.pem
rm /etc/pve/nodes/<mynode>/pve-ssl.key
rm /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem
rm /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key
rm /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem
pvecm updatcert -f
service pveproxy restart
service pvedaemon restart
/etc/init.d/networking reload

openssl verify -CAfile /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem
This outputs:
/etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem: OK
nano /etc/hosts
Shows the right IP address

I don't have /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

Results in a handshake.
Results in unable to get local issuer certificate

Questions:
1) Is there something wrong with the certificates?
2) Is the Proxmox operating to the WEB GUI from another VLAN? (that is not set anymore @ /etc/network/interfaces?

Could someone help?

SOLVED
Nothing really worked, so I replaced the interfaces file, for another older interface save (they are placed in the /etc/network/ folder). That worked! But I still don't know why I could not get a handshake, after replacing the keys. Probably you need to leave the 'Guide text' on top of the interfaces file?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!