Lost disk space LVM help

guavatone

Oct 14, 2024
First thanks in advance for all the info I gleamed here so far.

I finally a MacOs and Win10 Proxmox with dual GPU PASSTHROUGH working but I should have about 100G of HD space at least from the 500GB KENGSINGTON SSD. I’ll post several photos that show what’s going on. Is there a way to purge stuff to free up space or find where the data is being held up? Is it mirrored? It looks like 2 identical volume. What am I missing?

List of volumes
IMG_0574.jpeg

Proxmox LVM LIST

IMG_0575.jpeg

LVM thin
IMG_0576.jpeg
Backups
IMG_0577.jpeg

Backup dialogue shows only 4G remaining

IMG_0578.jpeg

Last edited:
Bump.
.. sorry but I’m not sure if anyone’s seen my post. I know there are many of the same topics but after reading them this still doesn’t make sense to me. Is there any way to free up space on my 450G Kensington SSD

one thing i recently noticed is with windows 10s habit of throwing files onto a drive like confetti, it wastes space very badly on thin provisioning, i recently ran defragmentation/consolidation with ultimate defrag and O&O defrag (along with the optimize thin provisioning option on O&O) on 2 windows 10 VMs and ended up recovering around 2.5-2.8 terabytes on a 10tb disk i had over provisioned to many 2-3TB disks in windows.

not sure if that is your problem here but i think it is certainly worth mentioning at least.

(also make sure your backups and other things are not on the same drive 2x100 + 2x 100 backups would add up fast)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!