[SOLVED] Lost conection after creation of vmbr

ultra

Feb 15, 2014
Hi all!
I'm newbie, and need advice and assistance.
Install proxmox over Debian wheezy. Have config: Mb Gigabyte GA-H61M-HD2, 3 NICs - 1 integrated Realtek, and 2 Intel pci-e.
After installation I have configuration in /etc/network/interfaces like this, and have no problems with conection:
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static 
address 192.168.0.3 
netmask 255.255.255.128 
gateway 192.168.0.10

iface eth1 inet manual 

iface eth2 inet manual

So then I try to add bridge vmbr, so the /etc/network/interfaces changed to:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static 
address 192.168.0.3 
netmask 255.255.255.128 
gateway 192.168.0.10

iface eth1 inet manual 

iface eth2 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

After reboot I lose network conections to host. What I do wrong?

And 2nd question. I wont to install on this host 2 guest, one - pfsense, and second - win serv 2003.
Im planing to use eth0 for proxmox managing, eth1 for Pfsense WAN, and eth2 for Pfsense LAN and Win Serv2003 LAN. How should my network config look like?

Last edited:
Thanks! Im managed to setup network.

Instal Pfsense, qemu64 proc, 1Gb RAM, IDE HDD, Intel1000 card. After install proxmox gui shows always 654 Mb of RAM used by guest, even that it fresh installation and pfsense dont do anything at all. Pfsense console shows 11% from 998 Mb used. Is this normal and who to belief?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!