Lost / bad node

sean

Renowned Member
Nov 11, 2010
I have a node that is not behaving and I seem to have broken the connection or something has gone wrong with the node and any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

From the clip below you can see that the third node shows as red and the machine names are only presented as id's. I have tried to run pvecm from a good node to delete the bad node but the node remains.
px.png

Apr 19 14:00:56 dataq1 pmxcfs[39357]: [status] crit: cpg_send_message failed: 9

Any idea what this means?

I have been helping Sean fix this.

Minor nightmare :)

The corosync cluster pretty much corrupted itself. I have had to hack around - but have successfully deleted the node from the cluster.. removed the cluster config; then added the 'clean' node back to the cluster.

How.. I have no idea! Pretty much 100 million error messages and a bit of luck. But all working now.

Rob

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!