Lost Backup Storage Unit

Pete Tromblee

Jul 31, 2015
Hi,

I am running Proxmox 3.2. I backup all my VM's to a NAS unit. The nas unit failed and its preventing me from running my VM's.
I tried deleting the storage unit for it but everytime I start the VM I get the error: Error: storage 'backup' does not exist.

I tried creating a new backup storage device but always seems like it's looking for the old one.

Is there a config file I need to change?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I am running Proxmox 3.2. I backup all my VM's to a NAS unit. The nas unit failed and its preventing me from running my VM's.
I tried deleting the storage unit for it but everytime I start the VM I get the error: Error: storage 'backup' does not exist.

I tried creating a new backup storage device but always seems like it's looking for the old one.

Is there a config file I need to change?

Thanks for any help.
Hi,
how looks your storage.cfg?

Can you post the output of following commands?
Code:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg

cat /etc/fstab

mount
Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!