Lost all data on ZFS RAID10

Even if the data is still safe on the disks, zfs is still unluckily a book with 7 seals to me if it does not reveal it so until today a second zfs data source is indispensable for using it and don't to forget a usv. I'm still horrible confused about how a simple regular reboot can render a zfs into a black hole and hope that the future will do better anytime. Maybe bcachefs will replace zfs any day but who knows.

I basically just put it here because I searched the forum and wikis, but Proxmox has nothing on at least this "basic" troubleshooting. BSD folks are better at this. My impression is that ZFS suffers from the rapid development and scope creep. E.g. my old ZFS pools on BSD are still all good, but then again, I never used them with ZVOLs with VM workloads, just as pure storage. I also never upgraded the pools.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!