[SOLVED] Login failed. Please try again

nojah

Jan 30, 2019
Since a couple of days I can't login to the WebGUI as root using Linux PAM standard authentication, just keep getting the folowing message: Login failed. Please try again.
But I can login using the same credentials using SSH.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Last edited:
Hi,

try the following things
* disable all Browser extensions.
* flush the Browser cache.
* restart the pveproxy

I can add that this started when I noticed a backup job for a container was hanged, and still is locked due to backup.
The rest of the VMs ar still running

lock.png

Hi,

try the following things
* disable all Browser extensions.
* flush the Browser cache.
* restart the pveproxy

BTW, none of that helped. I have also tried connecting from different computers.

Also got this issue on a fresh install, however am running v6.2-1. I'm able to login with `root` and the same password at the terminal, but using `root` and the same password, with`Linux PAM standard authentication` always gives `Login failed. Please try again`. This happens regardless of browser, or activated extension.

My server time is correct.

I've added some iptables rules as some have suggested:

Bash:
iptables – I INPUT -p tcp --dport 8006 -j ACCEPT
iptables – I INPUT -p tcp --dport 5900 -j ACCEPT
iptables – I INPUT -p tcp --dport 3128 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -i lo – j ACCEPT
iptables -I OUTPUT -o lo – j ACCEPT

But this hasn't worked

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!