fortherush

Jun 20, 2024
so I'm pretty new to proxmox and virtualization in general. Home assistant brought me here and I've been loving it and diving deep into the dev world. we'll today I fucked up.

running a single node on a mini pc host and has been working well except for a bit of noise from the fan when the cpu even started working just a little bit. Was told to update bios so I got the file from the manufacturer and flashed it. well things were working fine until I upgraded HAOS. when the VM rebooted afterwards it was moving a slow so I decided to do a reboot of the host too.

when the host rebooted, I tried to access the GUI but couldn't connect, tried both the typical IP:8006 and proxmoxname.local with no luck. checked my Home assistant and it's offline too. plugged in a moniter/keyboard are started reading the web for fixes.

Now here's where things get a little complicated.. today I also was messing with both firewall and network settings on the host... So when things went to shit I couldn't tell if it was a network thing or a firewall thing. I didn't even think of the bios until I ready an entry in the Journal logs saying it could be a bad bios. I've been troubleshooting for hours to no avail.

short of loading a fresh iso onto a USB and starting from my backup VM images, is there anything else I can do?

I've tried disabling the firewall checking network settings. spent a few hours running through different lvm and vg - - help menu options as I also merged to vg's earlier. (first day off in a while so I let it get the best of me)

I should be able to just load a fresh install right?

a few pics I took from the logs in case something pops out to someone more Linux knowledgeable than me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_9BEb8Lb_TdwULm1MxmdvN7yVu4M_f9O

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!