Location of ISOs on a NFS server [Resolved]

Gyari

Nov 28, 2020
Hello!

I have a synology NAS, and i'd like to use it as a NFS storage for my ISO files. Because there was some issue with NFS i didn't use it. Now i tried NFS again and fortunately it is working again. When i used NFS on a NFS server this was where the ISO file was stored:
I've created a shared folder on the nas >> proxmox, then created an ISO folder, and finally this was the path to the ISO files:
proxmox/ISOs/template >> and there were the ISO files inside the folder. Now i tried to add this path when i've created the NFS Storage, i've checked only the ISO images during the creation, but if i want to see ISO files in the GUI (server view > PVE (my proxmox name) > iso (ID for the NFS storage) > ISO images) i don't see any ISO files there and i can't start any VM which is just live booted. But if i list the content of /mnt/pve/iso i can see every ISO on the server. Could someone help me how can i use again my NFS's ISOs? i can see every ISO on the server. Could someone help me how can i use again my NFS's ISOs?

Thanks any help!

Last edited:
1] nfs access rights?
2] mismatch ISO folder path from PVE view vs real path?
Thanks!

1. If you mean NFS Permission on the synology, than yes it is right. If not, what do you mean?
2. How can i check the ISO folder path from PVE? And what do you mean "real path"?

It has been resolved. @czechsys was right, the path on the nfs server was wrong. I've uploaded an ISO to the server and i've observed the created path.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!