Local-LVM Full(LVM-Thin)

Toluun

Feb 28, 2019
Hello,

I am having some issues with my VMs and since I am relatively inexperienced I am not having success fixing the issues.

Currently if I run the lvs command it is showing that all the storage on my VMs are full. However, if I go into each individual VM it shows they are barely using any capacity. I have been reading through past issues with this and many people suggest running fstrim to free up this space. However I am not having any luck, I have switched all my disks to SCSI and ran fstrim. Each time it says that fstrim has removed this data however the lvs usage stays the exact same. I am really at a complete loss here. I can't keep any of my VMs running very long as they error out do to storage issues.

Fixed it. Forgot to set the discard option in the Proxmox GUI. Not sure how to delete post, but discard question

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!