Load balancing GUI

Guy

Renowned Member
Jan 15, 2009
m0guy.com
I'm trying to setup proxmox in an HA environment. Where possible I'm defining multiple of anything in the environment.

I have 8 proxmox servers, and I've defined a load balancer (pfSense) which routes to port 8006. I've created letsEncrypt certs for each node, with two entries.. host.domain and proxmox.domain. DNS obviously points proxmox.domain to the load balancer.

For the most part this is working just fine.. However when I try and view a console, it takes a _lot_ longer to establish and even sometimes it's just stuck at the "Connecting....".

It seems that if the node the browser is linked with is different than the node with the VM it's taking a long time to respond. Before I put the load balancer in I was still able to connect to one node and access console of the VMs on the other and it was just as fast.

I've also noticed that in this load balancing mode.. If I have multiple console windows open, and shutdown one VM, the console window sometimes joins another VM.

Have anyone else setup a load balancer in front of proxmox GUI? any ideas what might be happening or where to look to debug?

Thanks
--Guy

For me similar setup working without any issues after I enable
Code:
Use sticky connections

On pfsense system -> advanced -> miscellaneous -> load balancing -> Use sticky connections

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!