[SOLVED] Live Migration Errors with UEFI Guest

Apr 14, 2017
Hello,

I've just installed a second Proxmox VE 6.0 node and configured a cluster. I was able to migrate several live machines to the new node successfully, but when I try live migrating a Windows 2016 server using an EFI disk, it fails with "ERROR: online migrate failure - mirroring error: drive-efidisk0: mirroring has been cancelled ". Will this VM need to be migrated offline or by using backup and restore? I need to reconfigure disks on the older host to match the new, which is why I'm migrating everything off of it! I'm not yet using shared storage.

Thanks!

please post:
* `pveversion -v`
* the task log of the migration
* the config of the VM you're trying to create
* `cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg`

That should help in narrowing down the issue.

Hi Stoiko,

I seem to have gotten it moved. I detached the EFI Disk, restored the VM from backup onto a volume with the same name as on the destination host. During restore it updated the EFI Disk. After that I removed the unused EFI Disk and was able to migrate the VM offline. The VM boots without a problem on the new host.

Thanks,
Roger

Glad you resolved your issue! please mark the thread as 'SOLVED' - this might help others in a similar situation.
Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!