List of marked Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walhalla

Jan 26, 2018
Hi,
has anyone an idea how to get a list of the emails which are tagged as Spam? I'm talking about Modified Spamlevel / Modified Subject and not emails in quarantine!

This Tracking Center is a nice tool. But it is impossible to see the different actions on emails. All emails have status "accepted/delivered" - even if they were marked as Spam. So - it is completely useless finding / taking care of false positives.

Would be nice if anybody has a solution. I can not believe that nobody is interested in what the filter is actually doing, working well, finding errors?!

Thanks for any hint

Walhalla

even if they were marked as Spam. So - it is completely useless finding / taking care of false positives.

The gateway does not store the mail content, so it is impossible to detect false positives that way. So I am not sure what you want to suggest here.

OK, onece again: my suggestion is a list (Tracking Center) where one can see if/which emails were tagged as Spam (modified header / subject).

I know that mails are not stored on the gateway. But I could see if any emails are false positives, search for the reasons and adapt some rules to avoid in the future.

Vice versa: with the score in the list one could find some spam which was not recognized ... and change some rules (still didnt find the sa-learn function).

SUGGESTION: in the tracking center one more column with the spam-score and in "Status" the action which was taken (Moditied Subject ...) -> viewable which email was tagged as Spam. Only this.

Would be very more interesting than the thousands of email wich passed clean ... "accepted". Dont you think so? Controlling, searching for errors, change rules is impossible without this informations. And the summary (f.e. 531 Spammails) doesnt help. (By the way: what is the difference Spammails / Junkmails in your statistic?).

What exactly didnt you get? See in the Tracking Center which emails are marked as Spam (Modified Header and/or Modified Subject) in the "status" colum. Even better: additionaly a column with the Spam-Score. Dont understand, what is so complicated in understanding?

Dont understand why I have to explain / justify. But for example sometimes emails (Newsletters, Confirmations, ...) from wellknown sender(domains) are tagged as spam because they made a mistake, have temporarily problems with members who sent Spam, .... many, many reasons and it happens several times. So, if one can see that (for example!) emails from "...bounce.amazon.de" are tagged as spam, one can resolve this fast by whitelisting temporaily the "problematic" sender. Seeing sender, recipient and the subject - many times you can see (or assume / doublecheck) that something is going wrong. Otherwise: if I can see that many emails are NOT tagged as Spam, but they are, I can modify the rules or blacklist too.

Also if something is going wrong with the filter (or maybe modified rules) and lots of "normal" emails are tagged, one can react before users complain.

At the end of the day: in my opinion it is normal (neccessary!!!) for someone who is responsable for a machine, that he can see what is going on / wrong.

One more time for you to understand in German: auf der Liste der emails im angegebenen Zeitraum muss man sehen koennen, welche emails als Spam markiert (header oder Betreff umgeschrieben / ergaenzt) wurden, damit man Spam von sauberen emails unterscheiden kann. Leider werden die alle als "accepted/delivered" gelistet - OHNE UNTERSCHIED. Auf einer Maschine, die als SPAMFILTER funktioniert, wohl nicht ganz "uninteressant" (ESSENTIELL)?!

Regards

I know what spam is. And I never wanted to have the emails content in the tracking center!!! Just need to see WHAT your system made with the emails -> nothing or marked/modified or quarantine or blocked/rejected. A fast and simple overview. Thats all. Just more simple than watching logfiles ... the machines job is to recognize spam ... and it quiet easy to understand that one wants to see if it is doing this job or somethings going wrong. Tell me whats the Tracking Center for???

What is your problem??? Why do I have to explain myself? What kind of "Suppoort" is it??? I asked something and you always answer with other questions - far away from the posts subject.

If you are not able to do/resolve or dont want -> just write it down. But please stop this boring behaviour answering a simple question everytime with new questions.

What is your problem???

I am just trying to understand your workflow. You told you want to detect false positives that way, and I just pointed out that this is not possible because of the lack of content.

Why do I have to explain myself?

You have requested a new feature, and I simply try to understand how your are working, and how you want to use that new feature.

What kind of "Suppoort" is it??? I asked something and you always answer with other questions - far away from the posts subject.

OK, I stop asking, because you seem to get upset. Besides, I cannot see why my questions are 'far away'.

If you are not able to do/resolve or dont want -> just write it down. But please stop this boring behaviour answering a simple question everytime with new questions.

OK, will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!