[SOLVED] Linux VM don't start after upgrading to Proxmox 6.2

Spaylia

May 13, 2020
Hi,

I just installed Proxmox 6.2 and all my Linux-based VM (or at least all the Debian-based) don't start anymore, only the FreeBSD ones do.
They're all in UEFI mode and I get this message when I start them and open noVNC:
Code:
BdsDxe: failed to load Boot0002 "UEFI QEMU QEMU HARDDISK " from PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1E,0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x5,0x0)/Scsi(0x0,0x0): Not Found
BdsDxe: failed to load Boot0001 "UEFI QEMU DVD-ROM QM00003 " from PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x1,0xFFFF,0x0): Not Found

If I install a new one with the same configuration (Debian, UEFI, same disk size, same VirtIO SCSI, etc), it works without any problem, but I don't really want to install all my servers one by one.

I don't really know what to do, I tried changing the VirtIO SCSI to "Default (LSI 53C895A)" but it doesn't solve anything, the first line of the above message disappear. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reactions: bacnh
I have tried this and it does not work. It will not show the drive that has the file in it. I believe i'm missing a small EFI drive to access the main drive and this file within the virtual drive. I have also tried this https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/vms-wont-boot-after-upgrade.69440/#post-311422 but my conf file doe not even have the machine parameter in it.

Any other suggestions ? I would really appreciate any help on this one ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!