Limitations of the proxmox virtual machine

system79

Jan 12, 2020
Hi All!

On proxmox 6.1.5. Tested the work of his project on 3 systems VM. Centos 6,7, Ubuntu 14

Getting errors:
#001054 Unknown column '' in 'field list'
#001054 Unknown column
#001054 Unknown column
#001054 Unknown column
#001054 Unknown column
////

On all systems with the same config

WMware workstation,with a similar configuration everything works, everything works. No errors
Has anyone ever encountered this? I take it this is caused by limitations in proxmox on a virtual environment? They can be bypassed without giving up proxmox?

Last edited:
In the logs php, sql. Requests are not executed. Execution is from root.

Without any more information its possible to understand what you are talking about issue wise and if its related to Proxmox in anyway.

Saying in the logs php, sql could be 1 in a million things.

We need more information, but if your running a pure KVM/QEMU then Proxmox really has no/minimal play in the OS within the VM so Id be very suprised if it had any affect on something being run in PHP. If it was a container then different story maybe.

hi,

can you be a little more clear?

where are you seeing the errors? maybe a screenshot will help

On proxmox I raise the vm. Centos 6,7, Ubuntu 14. Next I raise lemp stack. linux, nginx (phpfpm) + mysql.
And when executing queries.
Getting errors:

I would say this is very much nothing to do with Proxmox then. And more to do with the script that you are running within the VM on PHP. Maybe a different PHP version is being installed on the Proxmox VM's compared to the older/original VMWare VMs you have.

On proxmox I raise the vm. Centos 6,7, Ubuntu 14. Next I raise lemp stack. linux, nginx (phpfpm) + mysql.
And when executing queries.
Getting errors:

does not look like a proxmox problem, but probably a problem with either the code you are trying to run (to execute queries or etc.) or some misconfiguration in your services

those errors you are getting are from mysql.

check for problems in your mysql config or bugs in your code

I at the very beginning wrote, a config one in one I lift on each machine. Everything looks like normal mistakes. But they only go on a machine running VM proxmox. For the experiment, I checked the hypervisor of virtual machines from the company ispsystem. VM. Centos 6. Everything works as it should...

you're getting a query error on mysql (Unknown column " in field test) and that has nothing to do with anything proxmox does in a virtual machine.

probably you made a syntax error in the code somewhere, like missing to close a quote...

I already told you. The same script runs on 3 systems centos 6,7, ubuntu 14. Under proxmox control, I see errors. On vmware or vmmanager no. Here it's about the specifics of proxmox or hardware...

Here it's about the specifics of proxmox or hardware...

This is not an argument. Could be 1001 other reason not related with proxmox: bad iso when installed this vm, different version/updates of your stack (mysql), bad storage, and so on.

I read about 70-80% of all proxmox posts in the last 2-3 years. I do not seen any such a case like you. But you can find what sql query it is sent by your script.

Good luck / Bafta !

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!