[SOLVED] Let's encrypt connection refused status 400, validation is pending.

Mar 8, 2022
Hi,
Some months ago I installed proxmox mail gateway and I use let's encrypt in standalone type and challenge type HTTP.
Erverything seemed to work but now the certificate was outdated.
I noticed that because of the SSL warning and it was not renewed automatically.
In the configuration I configured an ACME account and a staging ACME account.
I did not configure a challenge plugins ==> is this necessary? I thought not because it is in standalone.

When I want to renew the certificate now (order certificates now button) I choose SMTP and I get:

Connection refused

Port 80 should be open and when I do a netstat -ln I don't see port 80 but it only opens when the request is made probably?

What am I doing wrong?

Thnx.

UPDATE ==> There was a problem with port 80 and a NAT policy.
Updating that solved it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Glad you found the root-cause of your issue!

Please mark the thread as 'SOLVED' (klick on Edit Thread above your first post and select SOLVED as prefix) as this helps other users who also run into this issue.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!