[SOLVED] LDAP to Lotus Domino

Zaskar

Oct 25, 2019
Hi all,

I'm trying to configure user management with LDAP to Lotus Domino Server.
I figured to get it to work getting user and groups but...
If i force clicking Synchronize button, then PMG loose the Group configuration and get 0 Groups.

Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks

Yes, connection is established,
I get users and groups once.

Subsequent synchronization blanks groups and keep only users

Hello hata_ph,
thank you for your answer.

pmgconfig ldapsync was getting that error:

root@pmg:~# pmgconfig ldapsync
file /etc/pmg/ldap.conf line 6 (section 'Domino') - unable to parse value of 'groupbasedn': got undefined value
start syncing ldap profile 'Domino' (192.168.1.1)
finished syncing ldap profile 'Domino' (192.168.1.1): found 65 accounts, 66 addresses, 0 groups

this was the ldap.conf content
ldap: Domino
server1 192.168.1.1
basedn o=ACMEInc.
binddn yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
bindpw xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
groupbasedn
groupclass dominoGroup
mailattr cn,mail
mode ldap
verify 0

the groupbasedn defined with the GUI was a blank space and was working only at the first sync.
I modified the parameter adding double quotes in the ldap.conf:
groupbasedn " "

now it is working and this is the output:
root@pmg:~# pmgconfig ldapsync
start syncing ldap profile 'Domino' (192.168.1.1)
finished syncing ldap profile 'Domino' (192.168.1.1): found 65 accounts, 66 addresses, 79 groups

It seem to be a problem saving the configuration with blank spaces as params from GUI....

Thank you for addressing me to the right direction

Marking as 'SOLVED' is best done by editing the thread - and selecting the 'SOLVED' prefix from the drop-down (that way it gets the colorful distinction, which is easier to grasp on a quick glance) - I changed that for this thread

Thanks!

Reactions: Zaskar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!