LDAP server "per node"

michabbs

May 5, 2020
All nodes in cluster share the same LDAP configuration - effectively they use the same ldap server(s).
I have 3 ldap servers, they are synchronized, so it does not matter which one is used by which pmg node, but... of course I would like every node use the "closest" ldap server. Is it possible? Can I set different ldap user/group source for every node?

no that's currently not possible directly. maybe what you could do is use a dns name and configure that differently for the different pmg hosts? ofc if you sync from servers that contain different data you then get different results, but i guess that is obvious

It was obvious! I simply used the same domain name and made sure it resolved differently on each node. :)
Important: As I use LDAPS - it was essential to use correct ssl certificates (covering the same dns name on each ldap server clone).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!